Premium Customer Service Representative – Part Time
Date: Jan 13, 2017
Location: Hartford, CT, US
Additional Locations: None
This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that may be required of employees assigned to this job classification.
The Premium Customer Services Representative is an ambassador of American Airlines, providing superior hospitality, excellent customer service, extensive ticketing and problem resolution for our most valuable customers in all areas covered by the Premium Customer Services organization. Premium Customer Services Representatives provide enhanced, extraordinary services in a positive, enthusiastic, courteous and friendly manner to all customers and guests.
Responsibilities include comprehensive domestic and international ticketing functions, boarding pass issuance, seat assignments, upgrades, day of and future date ticketing, managing guest needs during off-schedule operations (IROPS) including rerouting travel itineraries, providing operational support which may include meeting customers and assisting with connecting flights and boarding, promoting Admirals Club memberships and renewals, thorough knowledge of all club and lounge membership and access policies, proactively mitigating customer service failures and deficiencies, and assisting guests in all areas of Premium Customer Services.
Premium Customer Services Representatives are expected to take ownership, go above and beyond to surprise and delight guests, know where to find answers and offer the right solution to guests at the right time, engage with guests in a caring and personalized manner, utilize opportunities to sell and market all products, services and membership types, remain current on policies and procedures, products, services, features, and marketing promotions, complete required training through all mediums (instructor-led and web-based), help maintain a clean and professional work environment and strive to achieve and support department goals and objectives.
– Actively demonstrate extraordinary customer service and customer engagement in an environment of hospitality
– Ability to work under pressure, handle a multitude of projects concurrently while paying close attention to detail and customer service
– Excellent salesmanship skills/interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and public contact
– Service oriented and self-motivated with a high level of professionalism
– Prior customer hospitality experience strongly preferred
– Must be well groomed with a professional appearance
– Excellent communication skills
– Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language. Bilingual language skills required in some locations
– Must be proficient in SABRE including ticketing and travel functions
– Prior travel industry experience preferred
– PC experience preferred
– Strong organizational and administrative skills required
– Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends and holidays
– Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
– Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA)
– Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
– High School diploma or GED
– Bend, stoop, and lift up to 70 pounds, sit, or stand for prolonged periods of time and walk long distances
– Twist, turn, and reach while at a desk
– Ability to move/straighten/lift furniture
– Ability to prepare written instructions and reports
– Ability to learn PC applications and apply knowledge
– Ability to work well under stress/pressure with minimal supervision
Additional Locations: None
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Customer Service.